Felting is one of my most favorite and relaxing types of crafting and the results are amazing. You can transform ordinary felt sheets from the craft store into an heirloom piece. See for yourself.
FELTED VINTAGE FIRE TRUCK PILLOW
FELTED VINTAGE TRUCK PILLOW
Shop these pillows now!
STEPS FOR CREATING A FELTED PILLOW:
Felting Foam Cushion
Sewing Needle/Sewing Machine
32″ x 12″ Piece of felt (main body material)
1 Sheet of Felt for Truck Main Color
1 Sheet Black Felt
1 Sheet White Felt
1 Sheet Light Gray Felt
1. SELECT FELT
2. PRINT AND CUT OUT DESIGN
3. PIN DESIGN TO FELT AND CUT OUT
4. CENTER DESIGN ON LOWER HALF OF MAIN FABRIC
5. USING THE FELTING NEEDLE TO TACK ENDS AND CENTERS OF EACH PIECE
6. CONTINUE INSERTING NEEDLE INTO FELT AND REPEAT TILL FELT IS SECURELY FUSED TO MAKE FABRIC
7. FOLD TOP HALF OF MAIN FABRIC DOWN OVER THE DESIGN AND MATCH THE EDGES
8. STITCH DOWN THE SIDE SEAM AND OVER 2″ IN AN “L” SHAPE ON BOTH SIDE SEAMS WITH A .25″-3/8″ SEAM ALLOWANCE
9. CLIP CORNERS AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE
10. TURN INSIDE OUT AND FILL
11. PIN AND STITCH BOTTOM OPENING CLOSED.
And you’ve got an amazing hand crafted pillow.
For a quick tip option to close bottom opening of pillow, use your machine to do a straight stitch closed. Go back over the top with a wide satin stitch in a coordinating color to add an extra layer of detail (and save yourself the headache of hand stitching it closed).
Check out more of our graphics and pillow designs in our Etsy Store.