Okay, who remembers the day when when everyone played with a cootie catcher? I know I do. Hopefully kids still play with them and this post doesn’t date me too much! Because these were so fun in my day, I thought I’d share the love with the younger generations and I added my own Valentine twist–notice the cooties!
Classroom Fun: Cootie Catcher
These fun printables make for a fun Valentine classroom activity and game. You could even turn it into a valentine by adding TO and FROM and maybe a piece of candy. Just print them out, cut it out and fold it up. I’ve added instructions for folding below if you’ve forgotten, it took me a few tries to get it right. You can print off one with with cute Valentine’s Day sayings or print out the blank version and make up your own!
If you’re looking for other fun Valentine party classroom games and activities, make this SWEET card game. It’s got simple rules for gradeschoolers to play and helps them recognize numbers. Did I mention how cute it is?! It is my all time favorite game.
How to Fold a Cootie Catcher
- Print and cut.
- Fold in half lengthwise both ways.
- Flip over to the blank side and all corners to the center fold point.
- Flip over to the reverse side where the sayings are and fold each corner into the center again.
- Flip over once more so the monsters are facing up. Fold in half both ways.
- Put index finger and thumbs under each cootie and bring the points to the center. Add in your own Valentine’s Day sayings.
Hope you have fun with this little blast from the past! Leave me a comment or send me a picture of you playing at your kid’s classroom party on Instagram @mycraftremedy! Breanna