Spaghetti Pie Casserole
This is one of my favorite go-to meals, especially in the fall. I know it’s not quite fall yet, but I can’t help myself. I took a weekend trip up to Idaho and it got pretty cool outside, I’m really looking forward to fall this year!
My sister-in-law introduced me to this delightful gem and I’ve made a few modifications to make it my own. This spaghetti pie casserole is nice and easy to make, plus the leftovers are excellent and I’m not a huge leftover fan, so that’s saying something! It looks a lot like spaghetti, but it’s so much better because it’s got cheese. I also want to mention this dish is excellent for leftovers- and I’m not a huge leftover fan.
- 1 - 24 oz. can of Hunt's Pasta Sauce (I like to use Garlic & Herb)
- 1 package spaghetti noddles
- 1 - 24 oz. tub of cottage cheese
- 1 lb. ground hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- About 4 cups grated cheese of choice ( I like to use cheddar or colby jack)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook spaghetti to al dente. Be sure not to over cook.
- Brown ground hamburger with chopped onion. Drain exccess fat.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13" glass baking pan with a little bit of pasta sauce.
- Layer cooked spaghetti noodles on top of sauce.
- Layer 12 oz. cottage cheese.
- Combine remainder of pasta sauce and cooked hamburger. Layer on top of cottage cheese.
- Add another layer of spaghetti.
- Add remainder of cottage cheese and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until spaghetti pie casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Let cool for a a few minutes before eating.
If you liked this recipe, you should also try our No Boil Manacotti!