This is one quick and easy meal you’re going to love, not only because it’s a sinch to make, but it’s delicious! My mother in law-introduced me to this recipe when I had my twins. Besides making this for us, she baked up some chicken and froze it in individual bags so that we could thaw the chicken and make more later–even quicker!! I love this poppy seed chicken over rice and it goes with almost any side dish. We added salad, fruit, veggies and/or bread as a side dish.
Poppy Seed Chicken Ingredients
So the secret to this yummy recipe is in the ingredients. I use fresh garlic and fresh chicken to make this dish standout.
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 bottle Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing
- Bake or use crockpot to cook 3-4 chicken breasts, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cut into cubes or strips.
- Saute 1 clove of garlic in about 2 Tbsp olive oil. The best way to do this is warm oil over medium to high heat and add garlic. Press garlic into oil for about 30 seconds to infuse the garlic flavor into the oil. Be careful not to brown the garlic as it gives a bitter taste.
- Add previously cooked chicken into olive oil and garlic mixture on low heat.
- Add 1 bottle of Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing. Heat on low heat until chicken is hot.
- Serve over rice.