One of my favorite and easy dinner ideas for picky eaters is my mom’s no boil manicotti with cheese. It’s got all the things that kids love and even adults too. Growing up as a young kid, I would help my mom prepare these cheese manicottis. She would make the stuffing, and I would help her stuff the shells with the cheesy goodness. It’s really a simple dish and what kid doesn’t like helping Mom out in the kitchen?
No Boil Manicotti
One of the best features of this dish is that you don’t have to boil the manicotti shells beforehand, thus no boil manicotti. Simply fill the the uncooked shells and bake! This kid friendly dinner is sure to please kids and adults alike!
- 1 egg
- 24 oz. large curd cottage cheese
- ½ c. parmesan cheese grated
- 2½ c. mozzarella cheese grated (I like to use colby jack cheese)
- 2 tsp. basil (fresh is best, but you can used dried)
- 1 tsp. oregano (fresh is best, but you can used dried)
- ½ tsp.garlic powder
- 24 oz. pasta sauce
- 1 package of manicotti shells
- ¼ c. water
- Mix egg, cottage cheese, parmesean, 1 c. mozzarella cheese, basil, oregano and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour 6 oz (1/4 of pasta sauce) into the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. Coating the bottom of the pan with sauce.
- Stuff each shell with cheese stuffing and lay in pan.
- Once all shells are stuffed and in the pan, cover with remaining pasta sauce with ¼ c. water.
- Cover tight with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes.
- Add remaining mozzarella cheese to top and bake for 10 more minutes or until pasta is al dente.