Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to play with your food, and that is exactly what you’ll do with this fun Valentine! This hugs and kisses valentine has a fun game board for playing tic tac toe using your hugs and kisses as Os and Xs!
The use of Xs and Os have become somewhat obsolete especially in the days of emojis, but I’m bringing them back in a fun and tasty way. 🙂
Making this valentine is easy, but it does have a few steps, so if you have a rather large class, this might not be the right valentine for you. This is perfect for a preschool class or a smaller class, maybe even a church class would be fun. You could also use this as a teacher valentine, it’s up to you! This post contains affiliate links.
- Clear treat bags (4″ wide)
- Colorful cardstock
- Bag of Hershey’s Hugs (4 per bag)
- Bag of Hershey’s Kisses (4 per bag)
- Hugs & Kisses Valentine printable (found below)
I had a difficult time finding chocolate hugs, so if you can’t find any you could use all kisses and just use two different colors, the kids won’t care. You will also want scissors or a paper cutter. This is the paper cutter I use. It works great for cardstock and was pretty inexpensive.
As for the cardstock, I love having a stack of colorful cardstock on hand for fun projects like this. You can choose whatever color you want and even mix and match the tags and the game boards if you want.
Hugs and Kisses Valentine
I can’t lie, I’m a sucker for cheesy sayings for Valentine’s Day and this one doesn’t disappoint. “Hugs and Kisses, Xs and Os, three in a row equals tic tac toe!”
How to make them
- First print off however many hugs and kisses valentine printables you’ll need here(there are two sets on this printable): Tic Tac Toe Hugs & Kisses Printable
- Use a paper cutter or scissors to cut out the game board and the bag topper. Be sure not to cut off the other side of the topper.
- Add the tic tac toe game board, 4 hugs and 4 kisses to each bag. For this I made each set a different color to make it more obvious who was X and who was O.
- Fold the printable bag topper in half.
- Fold down the top of the bag and place folded topper over. Secure bag and topper to each other with two staples.
Tic Tac Toe Valentine Game
Now onto the fun part. The little ones will have fun opening their bag to play a game of Tic Tac Toe using their Hugs as Os and their Kisses as Xs.
If you thought this idea was fun, check out these amazing handmade valentines by some fantastic bloggers below!
You may also like: