One of my absolute favorite fall-time soups is my Mom’s homemade chicken noodle soup, but perhaps my favorite soup is Cafe Zupas’ Wisconsin cauliflower soup . I first had it when I was expecting and under the weather. My sister-in-law came to the rescue with a pack of goodies, cough drops, sprite, saltines and among this greatness was a pint of Zupas soup. It was seriously heavenly, and I still think so today. So if you’re not in the mood for making your own soup, go give it a taste test, you won’t be disappointed even if you don’t like cauliflower!
After tasting the Zupas soup whenever I could get my hands on it, and sifting through the numerous Wisconsin cauliflower soup recipes, I decided I would make a recipe of my own, and it turned out to be a smashing success! I think it tastes quite similar to Zupas Wisconsin cauliflower soup and the best part– it’s made in a crock pot and made with frozen cauliflower florets, so no chopping!
Fall-Favorite Cauliflower Soup
- ½ med. chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. frozen cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 can 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. pepper jack cheese
- Several slabs of bacon cooked
- Saute chopped onion in butter in small skillet on medium heat until onion starts to brown.
- Add cauliflower, salt, garlic, celery, chicken broth and evaporated milk to crock pot.
- Add sauted onions to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- When done, add cheeses and blend by using a hand blender or putting in blender.
- Blend until creamy and there are no chunks.
- Garnish with sharp cheddar and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with fresh bread.
For those of you wondering about my chopper, I absolutely love it! I use it for mincing onions, chopping cilantro, making refried beans and many other things. It’s easy to clean Hope you enjoy your easy creamy soup! I know we did!